All seems to much

Home Forums CancerChat NZ Recently diagnosed All seems to much

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anna Anna 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Doris
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve recently been diagnosed with Lymphoma and likely to commence chemotherapy in the New Year. It was one of those incidental finds. I went for an x-ray for one ailment and came away with this diagnosis, (completely unrelated) I am otherwise healthy and have no symptoms.

Tomorrow is also the one year anniversary of my husbands sudden death. He also was very healthy but had a major cardiac event. I am 57 years old and wonder how I got to where I am now. I know its very treatable and although I have plenty of family around me to support me I’m scared about whats ahead and feel so alone.

Anna
    Anna
    Keymaster

Hello Doris,

Thank you for your post to CancerChat. It must have been a bit of a shock for you to get a cancer diagnosis out of the blue, especially when you’ve been feeling well. Feeling scared and alone is normal, but please feel reassured you will be supported well during your treatment. There will be nurses in touch with you and the medical teams will be keeping a close eye on you throughout.
    Sometimes it’s this waiting time when you feel most alone; once treatment starts you have access to more support. For now, we -cancer information nurses- are always available, either on 0800 226237 or by email on info@cancersoc.org.nz
    We could also link you up to talk with someone who has previously had the same as you, if you were interested in talking to someone who had been there too.
    I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. Anniversary dates are so hard, and with everything else happening, it must feel a very stressful time.
    I don’t know where in New Zealand you are, but if you give us a call, we can tell you the Cancer Society support services in your area.

Kind regards,

Anna

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Positive SSL