Cancer and life

Home Forums CancerChat NZ Living with and beyond cancer Cancer and life

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by JulieH JulieH 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

debbieshaw
    Participant

In October of 2015 my 69 year old mum was diagnosed with Terminal cancer – and in November of the same year I was diagnosed with Breast cancer. On 23rd December same year it was confirmed after various scans and biopsies that my cancer was in fact real. On 29th January 2016 I under went a double mastectomy and was lucky that it hadn’t travelled into my lymph nodes so treatment was not necessary, however I cannot believe what effect it has had on my life and my relationship. My mother died in August of 2016 – 9 days before her 70th birthday, I have struggled on and off since then with depression and having had counselling I feel I still have lots to come to terms with, all the firsts are difficult in relation to mums death but Im angry with CANCER.., why is it so unfair ?

JulieH
    JulieH
    Keymaster

Hi Debbie, Than you for your message and welcome to CancerChatNZ. I’m sorry you’re having such a tough time. You’ve had a lot to deal with in a short period of time and it sounds quite overwhelming.Even though you didn’t need further treatment after surgery just the diagnosis of cancer itself can have a huge impact on your life. I wonder if you’ve found any support groups – sometimes meeting others going through a similar experience can be helpful. I hope you may get some replies from others here and you are also welcome to call us – the nurses on the Cancer Helpline 0800 CANCER (226 237).
    Best wishes,
    Julie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Positive SSL