My dad is dying

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My dad has been sick for nearly two years now . He was always terminal the chemo brought him two years . But in this time his mind has been slowly going he has primary bowel cancer and secondary liver cancer . His liver is now enlarged and slowly shutting down . I guess I’m just looking for a support system really as this is extremely hard for me to go through again . I survived cancer myself over 10 years ago and about 4 years ago we lost my step mother to cancer also and I also have my best friend currently undergoing treatment for uterine cancer . It’s just an extremely hard time for me and just hoping to use this as a support network not too sure how this works

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by AnnaAnna.
    • This topic was modified 1 month ago by AvatarJulieH.
    Keymaster

Hi sistagurl,

Welcome to the CancerChatNZ forum. I’m really sorry to hear of this tough time you’re going through with your Dad’s cancer.It sounds like you have had a lot of cancer situations in your family and friend as well as your own diagnosis to deal with – this can be exhausting.
    As well as posting messages here you are really welcome to phone us (cancer information nurses) on 0800 CANCER (226237) to talk through how you are feeling. Counselling can also be a great way to build some good coping strategies and is available through referral from our 0800 nurses or your GP.
    This link to a recent blog we posted on the nurses blog may be useful too: https://www.cancerchatnz.org.nz/are-you-supporting-someone-with-cancer/

Thank you for making contact with us.
    Julie, Cancer Information Nurse

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by AvatarJulieH.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Positive SSL