Papillary Serous Carcinoma 1VB

Home Forums CancerChat NZ Recently diagnosed Papillary Serous Carcinoma 1VB

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Naena Naena 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hopeful1
    Participant

I had uterine cancer picked up on a smear test. Have had a radical hysterectomy March 13 2017 Aucklnad City Hospital, 12 lymph nodes clear,cancer present in washings and a 5mm Onmentum node was graded at 1VB papillary serous carcinoma.
    I am attending a chemo set up meeting on Monday APril 10th back at Waikato hospital where I live. Is there anyone who has been through this? I am a very positive, upbeat, 59 year old woman who has been attending the gym and has had no symptoms of this disease festering inside me.I am recovering well from the hysterectomy and am walking 2km most days now at the end of week 4. I am here for the fight as I have far too much living to do!!

JulieH
    JulieH
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome to CancerChatNZ. It sounds like you have a great approach to your treatment coming up. There is good evidence from research that keeping active can help you cope better with treatments. We hope you get some replies here from others going through chemo. If you haven’t already done so, you could contact the support team at Waikato Cancer Society too for support during treatment.
    Best wishes
    Julie

Naena
    Naena
    Keymaster

You can also contact the CANCER HELPLINE ON 0800CANCER (226 237 )talk to one of our nurses, who can connect you with a person that has been through a similar cancer.
    We have a program called Cancer Connect- a free confidential telephone support programme.The programme links people affected by cancer to a trained volunteer who has been through a similar cancer experience.
    Best wishes
    Naena
    Cancer Information Nurse.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Positive SSL