Three years today.

Home Forums CancerChat NZ Going through treatment Three years today.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Buxton 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Buxton
    Participant

Just an encouraging post. Three years ago today I had an emergency extended right hemicolectomy. A complete blockage and a small underlying perforation well away from the tumour. But so far, all is well. Good colonoscopy, CT scan and CEA tests. Best wishes to all.

Anna
    Anna
    Keymaster

Great to hear- go well. Anna

Buxton
    Participant

3 years, 3 months and 12 days, if I counted right. My colorectal nurse was pleased with my 9 monthly check and doesn’t want to see me for a year! Which must mean she isn’t too worried? I’m still a worrier and might see a councellor next week. It’s a pity the 5 year survival graph doesn’t have a 3 year point as it heads to the ‘cancer is unlikely to recur after 5 years’ point. All I am told is that the chances improve as each day passes etc. I think I started in the mid to high 80’s for my T3N0M0 extended right hemicolectomy. 22 clear lymph nodes and no chemo.
    Just rambling on a Saturday afternoon. This disease is always on my mind.

Buxton
    Participant

Well! I have passed the 5 year mark and am considered disease free. Had my last appt with my lovely colorectal nurse and gave her a hug. And some flowers. BUT, not all good news. I am half way through 20 radiation sessions for localised prostate cancer, Intermediate a Favourable and the shingles rash I developed has mostly faded. It’s all go. Best wishes to all.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Positive SSL