Many debilitating symptoms arise from cancer and its treatment and are often unrelieved by conventional methods. In studies, a yoga intervention was effective in improving physical and psychological states and resulted in:
- Significant decrease in anxiety
- Significant reduction in depression
- Lowered stress levels
- Lowered fatigue levels and improvement in physical energy
- Significant improvements in emotional function
- Improvement in sleep
- Improvement in quality of life
- Improvement in physical fitness, including stamina, flexibility and range of movement.
We can conclude by saying that yoga helps with improving the quality of life for many people with cancer, and helps with the side effects of treatments.
Cancer Information Nurse/Yoga Instructor